Pages

Sunday, November 27, 2011

Stuff I Love

I love when people do posts of random stuff they love. Sometimes when I am contemplating getting something and I see someone do a review about whatever it is (no matter how random), it helps me pull the trigger.

So, this list will probably be all over the place, but here goes. Stuff I'm loving right now:

Cucina Coriander and Olive Tree Dish Detergent
Silly that I'm loving a dish soap, but seriously, this stuff is so good! It smells delicious and actually has enough suds to wash dishes (I have found lots of natural soaps leave much to be desired in the amount of suds to products). This is my new favorite soap!

Method Laundry Detergent in Fresh Air
While we're talking soaps (yes, yes, my life is super exciting), I am going to shout out about how much I love this product. I have been a loyal Costco laundry detergent purchaser for years, but when we moved, I just did not have the space to store a big-ole bucket of soap in my tiny laundry closet, so, to conserve space I thought I'd try this little sucker out for size. Well, it's awesome! 4 - 5 squirts cleans a whole load of clothes (and I do big loads) and give them a nice, gentle scent. I love that we can buy a refill bag and reuse the plastic container, which is both good for the environment and good for my wallet. Plus, it fits perfectly in the little basket I have suction cupped to the side of my washer. I love this! The next time you need to buy some soap, I dare you to give it a try!

Lisa Leonard Teenie Tiny Initials Necklace
I have blogged about this before, but I love it so much it deserves a second post. This is such a beautiful little necklace. I get compliments on it all the time, and I love that I always have a special little memento of my sweet husband right next to my heart. It's dainty and unobtrusive, but perfectly sweet and pretty. It's one of my favorite Christmas gifts ever. xoxo


Anderson Valley Brewing Winter Solstice
I know it's kind of weird for me to post a beer in my list, but OMG you guys, this stuff is pretty stinkin' good! I enjoy a nice beer every once and again and I tend to enjoy seasonal microbrews best. This stuff however, takes the freakin' cake and it is the best! Winter ales are my fav in general, and this is perfectly light and refreshing (reviews on the website call it "Christmas in a bottle". I cannot deny this.). Next time you're at the market, pick up a six pack (which we can only buy in cans, btw) and surprise your honey (and yourself!).

Lodge 12" Cast Iron Skillet

I have been dreaming of a Le Cruset French Oven for a while - but mostly because it's so pretty. I just can't justify dropping the cash on one. So, when my husband suggest skillet, I was down to try it out. So, now I've been googling recipes to make in it and I have been so pleased with the few I have used so far (I only got it two days ago). Even though it's super random, I've just gotta say, I feel like such grown up with a piece of cast iron cookware. It's like I'm legit or something.

Ikea Norden Gateleg Dining Table
We are finally grown up enough to have a dining table we have actually purchased! It's about time we have a place to eat (other than the couch). I love that we can push this baby up against the wall and just open one side for just the two of us, but then pull it out and open the other side for a bigger party. Tonight we sat 8 people for Thanksgiving dinner! We were cramped but cozy and no one had to sit on the floor!

Erin Condren Life Planner
Of course I am still loving (and actually using!) my life planner! I love this so much, the only thing is it's a little big, hopefully next year she'll have a more compact version, but overall, it's awesome! See this post if you want more details.


Wii Just Dance 3
Ok, this is super fun! If you seriously like to dance, this probably isn't for you, but if you like to be silly, make your friends look like fools and work up a descent sweat while your friends laugh at you, this is most definitely the game for you!

Ok, putting these images in this post was more work than I intended, plus, I have some of this to go tackle:

Pie That Will Make You Cry (aka Pecan Pie) a la the Pioneer Woman
This is my second Thanksgiving making a Pioneer Woman pie, and let me tell you that woman can bake! Oh man! This sucker is so, so, so good! Ben said, and I quote, "I was proud of you for making it, but I wasn't really excited about it, I never really liked pecan pie, but there was something about it, with the vanilla ice cream, it was magic, like heaven in my mouth."
I concur Mr. G, I concur.


No comments:

Post a Comment