Pages

Thursday, November 10, 2011

Thankful Thusday

Today I am beyond words thankful that I get to spend the next few days at home. Work this week has kicked my butt and broken my heart. I am so blessed to have my job, and it's a strange feeling to love what I am doing while tears are streaming down my eyes.

How can I find so much satisfaction in something that hurts so much?

How can I feel like I am exactly where I am meant to be while not being able to comprehend the evil around me?

I don't know how to leave my emotions at work. I try to not let some of the awful, terrible things I have to see bother me, but they do, even though I think I am strong. I think that's why I am good at my job - I can be strong enough to make it though the day, and soft enough to not lose sight of the precious little angel in my care.

Even though I have been challenged and stretched more than I ever have this week, I was reminded how much I love my job and how important doing it well is. I am so thankful for the opportunity to serve these sweet babies (and big kids!) with the love of Jesus.

So, tomorrow I am going to bunker down at home and let my heart heal. I plan to light some cozy candles, play some worship on Pandora and tackle my too-long-neglected laundry pile. I might even catch up on some Revenge (my favorite!) and Desperate Housewives.

What are you thankful for today?

No comments:

Post a Comment