Pages

Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Pinterest Princess

Oh my gosh, dinner was delish tonight!

As I have said before, I am not the cook in our family. I do a pretty good job baking, but cooking creatively just is not my forte. I do however, like to collect recipes with the intention of maybe making them someday.

Enter Pinterest.

I have a few boards dedicated to cooking and the other day I "pinned" a recipe for a copy cat Zuppa Toscana from the Olive Garden (original recipe from two peas and their pod)



I made a little tweak and used Gnocci instead of potatoes (simply because I wanted to try Gnocci) and it was amaze.

Here's how you can make this deliciousness for yourself:

Ingredients:
4 strips bacon
1 lb Italian sausage (I used Medium because it was cheaper than hot)
1 1/2 tsp. red pepper flakes
1 large white onion, diced
3 cloves garlic, minced
8 cups chicken broth
2 cups water
1 cup cream (I used whole milk)
1 package gnocci, cooked
3 cups kale, washed and roughly chopped
salt and pepper to taste

Directions:
1. Cook bacon, set aside
2. Saute Italian sausage with red pepper flakes
3. While the sausage cooks, add a bit of oil to a soup pot and place over medium heat. When hot, add onions and garlic. Saute until onions are tender
4. Add chicken broth and water, bring to a boil
5. Add gnocci (I cooked the gnocci separately and added it after this step, but I think it would work fine to bring the whole thing to a boil and then reduce the heat once the gnocci begins to float)
6. Add cream, sausage and bacon. Taste a bit, wipe up your drool
7. Stir in chopped kale, season with salt, pepper and red pepper flakes to taste
8. Serve hot

Oh. M. Gee. To quote my husband "you are the soup queen!" He was impressed as well! :)

I'm seriously considering a third bowl right now...

No comments:

Post a Comment