Pages

Friday, December 31, 2010

Grown Ups, Almost

It's about time, I'd say! Ben and I are one step closer to being for reals grown ups. Yesterday, we purchased  our our first new bed! We had been sleeping on Ben's old full mattress and it's seen better days. It's lumpy, bumpy, squeaky and too too small! We tried our best at making it comfy with a memory foam topper, a down mattress cover, nice sheets and down comforter and duvet I love, but, it just was not working anymore.

We did some research and I stumbled across Parklane mattresses by accident. They are a local company and they offer eco-friendly beds since all of their sales are direct, they don't do outrageous markups on prices, plus, they do free local delivery and set up, which is perfect because there's no way we could get a big 'ole mattress home! Their sales staff (which were two girls) were not pushy at all and were unlike any sales people we have ever had before (in a good way!).  All was said and done in less than an hour and we are so excited to get our new bed. Right now our bed is being custom made and will be ready in about a week. Wanna see what we got?


The Birkdale. It's seriously the cadillac of mattresses! It's made from natural latex and eco soy foam with a layer of memory foam (which is full of chemicals and yuckies, but it's sooooo comfy!) and is encased in a super soft bamboo cover. It's like laying on a cloud, a perfectly supportive, soft and amazing cloud! To make the whole thing completely over-the-top, we also got two natural latex pillows. It's gonna be epic. I can't wait for it to get here! 

Oh, did I mention that we got a king? Holy moly huge, huh? Everyone who has a king says they can't ever go back to anything smaller, but I'm thinking it may be too big - but it's a struggle we're willing to take on! ;)

Now that we've got a big, beautiful mattress coming our way, we are in need of some new linens. We probably won't buy a whole set right away (after all, the actual mattress was a good chunk of change) but I've got my eye on a few that I'd love.  


I love the pintuck collection from West Elm. It's organic and not too spendy and invites you to come cozy up under it's tucks. I love it. I can't make up my mind on a color though. I love our white bedspread now, it's so easy to clean, but I really like this seagrass color
and this cactus one



Anther dilema though is our pink carpet. How do you coordinate with a sea of pink? (We will not be discussing why the heck someone would actually CHOOSE dusty-rose pink carpet today)

I could try to embrace the pink and go for something fun and whimsical like this (that I love but Ben hates)



I'm in no hurry to completely finish the bed, I'm just stoked that we've ordered a new one and I can't wait for the sweet sleep we're going to have in it!

No comments:

Post a Comment