Pages

Monday, February 16, 2009

I love one-dish dinners!

As I have said before, Ben does most of the cooking in our house. I can cook, but he can cook better! When I do happen to prepare dinner it's usually one of my standard, go-to, easy-peasy meals that we've had a million times (and it's usually Mexican...mmm...I love Mexican!). I tend to crave meals that are one-dish wonders - soups, chilis, goulash, casserole, dishes where you get all the flavors in one forkfull, where my sweet husband is more of a meat & separate side dish kind of guy.

I came upon this recipe a while ago (I thought it was here, but I searched and searched and couldn't find it, so I'm sorry, I can't give credit to the original creator!) and have been wanting to try it. I finally did so tonight and I'm pleased to say it will be part of my rotation from now on.



Artichoke Chicken
1 can artichoke hearts
1 c. grated parmesan cheese
1 tsp. garlic powder
1/2 tsp. pepper
1/2 c. sour cream
1/2 c. mayonnaise
4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
Breadcrumbs, if desired for topping

Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Mix all ingredients except chicken in a medium size bowl (I chopped the artichokes in my food processor before mixing them with everything else). Place chicken in oven-safe baking dish. Cover chicken with artichoke mixture. Sprinkle breadcrumbs on top. Bake uncovered for 40 minutes or until chicken is done. Serve over rice or noodles.

Delicious, easy-peasy and a perfect the one-dish wonder!

Enjoy!
Mrs. G

No comments:

Post a Comment