Pages

Monday, October 12, 2009

"Not me!"

I'm not an avid "not me" doer, but I have some time today and thought I'd join in!

By saying I "have some time today" must mean that I have done my laundry, put it away, cleaned the dishes, vacuumed the floors and showered, right? I would never spend the one day I get to myself this week blogging and catching up on Desperate Housewives. Sacrifice my house just so I can have a lazy morning doing fun things? Nope, not me! A good psuedo-housewife would never do that!

While attempting to make chili this morning I definitely did not find two packages of ground turkey had gone sour because I had failed to freeze them in time. I also did not consider trying to "save" the second pound and almost cry as I finally dumped it in the trash. I am not so irresponsible with our resources that I let perfectly good (and delicious!) meat go to waste simply because I forgot to take it from the fridge and place it in the freezer. Nope, not me!

I certainly did not forget to send my cousin her birthday card and it is not still sitting on my kitchen table waiting to be finished. It also is not sitting right next to her daughters (whose birthday was in September) unfinished birthday card. I wouldn't forget birthdays and I wouldn't delay in sending cards to my loved ones. Nope, not me!

And because everyone knows that the best way to a mans heart is though his stomach, I'll let you know what I didn't make as my very first meal for my sweet husband. After a long day of physical labor at work, I invited my handsome new boyfriend over to my dorm to have dinner. I wanted to make him something warm, hearty and good, but of course, I was a broke college student so I had to get creative. But, being the amazing wanna-be wife that I was, I wasn't going to let that stop me. Of course I whipped him up something amazing, that's what any good potential-wife does, right? I would NEVER think Rice-A-Roni with canned chicken would be a good meal for a hungry man. No one would want to marry a girl who made him that, right? I absolutely threw something better than that together, I certainly don't blush when I think about it now. I'm not thinking now that that may be why Ben does most of our cooking...



No comments:

Post a Comment